12/02/15 -- Ferns picture finished
Completed the 'Ferns' picture I have been working on and put it in a temporary frame to see how it hangs
I started off by placing dried fern leaves on the canvas and gluing them down, then giving the whole canvas a coat of grey acrylic. I then laid trails of PVA glue and added sand. To this a dropped in acrylic inks and then tipped the canvas about to allow the drops to run where they will.
I then added some multicoloured glitter while the ink was still wet, to give it an added sparkle, and finished the ferns off in metallic green.
I am presently working on a Fantasy Saga, the working title of the first book is 'Spellcaster's Apprrentice' - watch this space for more details.
As much of my work is three dimensional collage work, it is very hard to photograph and produce prints. Therefore I have produced a range of miniatures of the work.
These pieces are 10 cm wide x 15 cm tall and the mount is solid wood. They are a mix of individual, diptych or triptych which can be hung together.
A range of these can be seen in the GALLERY section
Work in progress
Study of flowers in the flower bed - acrylic on MDF board